Friday, December 2, 2022

On The Road With Al And Ivy: A Literary Homeless Blog - Special Announcement Dec. 2022



SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW ADDITION TO THIS BLOG SITE (BOOGIE UNDERGROUND MEDIA)

I'll be moving my Delta Snake Review blog over to the Boogie Underground Blog site (the home of the On The Road With Al And Ivy Blog). The first new D.S. entry with new material will be in February of 2023, but I'll move material from the older blog page sooner.

You may have noticed that I've added the word "media" to the Boogie Underground name. This isn't the start of a new project, as The Delta Snake blog has never been taken down in its original location and still draws regular monthly traffic.

My reason is that having my blog projects under one name and site is more efficient. Also, the Delta Snake Review was originally a music/arts publication that started in the 80s, existed as an eZine in the early Usenet era and was one of the very early Blues web pages.

However, it was eclectic for most of its history and always included poetry, graphics, humor, and music reviews and articles. So I want to return to those genres in a discrete blog, like the Snake.

The Delta Snake Review will mainly present archival material as I move older material and links over. However, in the case of the punk rock essays, I'd have preferred to run those in The Snake and not in a formal combined issue.

The Delta Snake blog page was intended to be "a sequential magazine," that is to say, to have the features go live as completed and not on a traditional publishing schedule. 

The On The Road With Al And Ivy Blog was supposed to be one of the features, not an all-encompassing publication. It was supposed to run along with other features. The reason it didn't is a long story and not relevant.

By retitling the blog page to Boogie Underground Media, I can run these blogs as features and take advantage of the format's flexibility and ability to publish on the fly. It's also easier for me, as I'm writing in one location.

Adding more features would typically be an ideal grouping for a web page, but this blog site already has an audience of around 25,000 to 55,000 per month, and there's no reason to try to get everyone to migrate to a new website when the blog format works just fine.

One crucial point is that this is very much a case of the change being transparent, as the physical transformation is just adding the word media to the existing blog title, and the site will be hosting a second blog.

For example, each On The Road With Al And Ivy Blog entry will be announced on social media the same way it's always been, as its location hasn't changed. It's just that readers who navigate to the blog might notice that other blogs are running on the site.

I'll have the announcement read something to the effect of the "latest Delta Snake Review on the On The Road With Al And Ivy site" (which is the address name anyway) at first to avoid confusion or have people think it's another site. It shouldn't be a problem as the Delta Snake has a different audience anyway.

I do want to take a moment to thank the readers of this blog; it's my most successful writing project and my greatest source of satisfaction.

My goal for these changes and additions is to make this blog a better reading experience and, as always, free. My monetization consists of advertising my Vella serials and EBooks, so it's in my interest to keep it that way.

When The Delta Snake Review with new material officially launches in 2023, I hope you'll check it out and enjoy its music and arts content.

- Al HANDA
  Dec. 2, 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment